Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mod Pod

I move back in on Thursday, so I'm still in the process of getting things together for my living situation. My biggest project? My room. I love design from the 1950s and 60s and I definitely wanted to show that in my new dorm room. I had bright green, blue, and purple in my IKEA bedspread for the first three years, but now I'm going for something a little more grown up but still fun. Coming this year: space age mod decorating!



Mod Dorm




Other places to look for inspiration: The Jetsons, Funny Face

IKEA doesn't have my new comforter on their website, but it's a swirled black and white pattern that is less busy and ugly than I'm making it sound. I bought white boxes to throw stuff in [this is the year I will finally be organized and have a neat room!]. These are the actual boxes:






My actual rug isn't on the site either, but I bought a black rug with a row of black triangles on it. Honestly, the rug is actually a door mat but it's so soft that it works as a rug. I'd say it's 12" x 18", just the right size so that when I wake up in the morning, I have something nice and soft to step into.



Black and white geometric patterns are the mod mainstays but I love the bright green (chartreuse) I used in my room the past few years.


If it ain't broke, don't fix it, so there's no need to throw it all away! Luckily, I have all these vinyl hat boxes in all different sizes for makeup, loose change, and extra plates. I'll post photos when I set everything up.

No comments:

Post a Comment